Strength based coaching and guidance
Empower people to take action in their own lives, set their own goals and find the strengths to carry them out!
9-13 November 2020, Berlin, Germany
22-26 March 2021, Copenhagen, Denmark
About the course
The strength-based approach to coaching offers a palette of questions that helps the focus person set goals and overcome difficulties at work (or in life generally) in a relatively short time.
The focus of the coaching techniques is on what works rather than what doesn’t work. The road goes via goals, wishes, previous experiences of success, and resources. Rather than getting blinded by starring at problems and all the things that fail, we ask about what the person wants and what the person succeeds with. Concretely the approach consists of a set of questions that make the focus person reflect, and which eventually leads to change.
The person that has a problem also has the key to its solution. We do not need to understand the reason of a problem to solve it (we do not need to know why the house is burning to extinguish the fire)
No matter what the problem is there will always be exceptions – there will always be moments where the problem has been there to a smaller extent or maybe completely absent. If we take a problem-oriented approach we risk spending more time on analysing and mapping the problem and less on finding solutions and resources by which motivation, creativity and innovation get lost on the way
The participant will get a chance to practice different coaching techniques that draw out resources, create new perspectives and alternative ways of dealing with difficulties. The techniques will be applied both at individual and team level.
The course will give you…
- Insight into the theoretical foundations of appreciative and solution-focused coaching,
- A chance to practice different questioning techniques that draw out resources, create new perspectives and alternative ways of dealing with difficulties
- An understanding of how to apply the techniques in different situations – individual approach, team and group approach – and specifically to your target group
- A possibility to have a look at your own learning goals in relation to your profession through being coached
- Skills in collegial coaching in order to continue the reflection and learning process at home
The course fee for this four day course is 750 Euro, which can be almost fully covered by an Erasmus+ grant (plus travel and stay). Of course, our courses are open to anyone, also without Erasmus+ grants!
Read more about this course here.